As an Early Childhood Special Educator I provide individualized support and guidance to families that are facing challenges with their young children. Together we collaborate and problem solve solutions that are uniquely suited to each specific situation and family.
Although my specialty is working with families that have children birth to age three with a disability or delay, I have also spent time advising families with older children facing challenging behaviors at home or in school.
• Master's Degree in Early Childhood Special Education
• 25 years working with families and young children
• Mentor to SLP & ECSE graduate students at CU/UNC
• I speak Spanish and sign language
• Teacher in inclusive toddler and preschool programs
• 20 years working on a transdisciplinary team
|"Mara has been a tremendous resource helping us understand our kid(s) behavior, with physiological explanations, and guidance on how we can kindly and constructively interact with our kids to help them in their development. She's amazing, and I've thought every preschool, school, and parent would benefit from her knowledge and advice." -Unkyong Hand|